Friday, August 23, 2013

My daughter

How did I get so lucky? Every time I look at her I can't believe how beautiful, calm, and intelligent, and she is only a little more than a week old. If I hadn't been there and watched her come into the world, I don't think I could believe she was mine. My first  thought when she was born was "that's a lot of hair" followed by, "her eyes are beautiful, is she really mine?" I didn't sleep for three days after she was born because I was scared if I let her out of my sight I might lose her or I was only dreaming and I would wake up and she didn't really exist because she was too good to be true. I love her, so much I never thought I could love some one this much.
I love her father more and more especially when I see him with her and how much she loves him. She saves her biggest smiles for when Daddy comes home and snuggles her. She looks at me with his eyes, kicks with my feet, has my hair color,  has his ears. I am in awe of how much I love my family and how much they love me.






No comments:

Post a Comment